- Opt for taking public transportation like the train or bus instead of flying.
- If you have to fly, look for direct flights and offset your carbon at AmericanForests.com.
- Before you leave the house, adjust your heating/cooling systems to save energy.
- Unplug all of your appliances and chargers.
- Use reusable travel-size bottles
- Make sure you take your stainless steel water bottle.
- Look for accommodations that are green. GreenHotels.com is a great reference tool.
- Choose an environmental destination. National Geographic's Center for Sustainable Destinations scores based on each destination's stewardship.
- Maintain your greenie lifestyle habits while on vacation. Remember to turn off lights, walk when possible, support small local shops and restaurants.
- In 2010, AAA will be adding an eco-designation which will help when making green travel choices.
- Be sure to bring a reusable bag for souvenir shopping.
- If you need a car rental, look for a hybrid option.
- If you're a coffee or tea drinker, consider packing your travel mug.
- Pack light to save fuel on travel.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
There are many ways to green your travel and here are just a few...
Posted by Amelia Baker at 8:39 PM