Friday, January 9, 2009

Starting a new group...

I have this fabulous idea that we should start a few community groups and would love to get feedback on them. Check out the ideas below and if interested, email or call the store.
  • Knitting: Knitting is a fun craft to learn and possibilities are endless. We can meet at Green Alternatives in the workshop room we have in the store.
  • Book Club: There are a bunch of book clubs out there already, but why not start one more. Of course, we can meet in the Green Alternatives workshop space in the store.
  • Stroller Strides: Ok, I don't have any kids yet, but I still think this is an awesome idea and am encouraging our greenies to partner up to start a Stroller Strides group. It's a 30-minute exercise WITH your baby stroller. Green Alternatives can help you get started and coordinate your group.
We can start any of the groups above with as little as 5 people per group. Just send over an email to shop@greenalternativesstore.com if you're interested.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I was just searching your site to see if you have any groups going, so I was pleased to find this post. Any of your ideas are terrific. I would also love to find a group of recycling crafters. I reuse so many household items in practical use or in crafts for my young kids. I'd really love to exchange ideas with others.

As for a reading group, in the past year I have read a few books that would be terrific for green-oriented discussions including The Ethics of What We Eat and The Truse Cost of Low Prices.

I would love to be a part if something develops!